Thursday 16 August 2012

What's in a name

I hate to be the Name Nazi, but I really think people should be more careful about what they call things. For example, I just saw a group buying special for a dental company called The Big Red Tooth.

My own personal preference would be to visit a dental practice without a snazzy name; I have no requirements beyond that the word 'Doctor' appear somewhere on a brass plaque. Dentists kind of sell themselves - when you need one, you'll go, so any kind of fancy branding or quirky naming is probably unnecessary.

But I feel Big Red Tooth is particularly unfortunate. It make me picture a giant, suppurating gum leaking gingivitis. Would I have root canal done there? Only if I wanted to walk out with my own big red spill of blood dribbling down my chin. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment